50 books in a year of being 50

In this year of being 50 I have decided to follow one of my creative passions
and make 50 handmade books over the year.

Early next year I will find a way to exhibit the books and auction them.

The money raised will go to Plum Village in France,
a monastic retreat centre inaugurated by Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh.

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Book number 21, Go Outside!



Current bid for this book stands at £25
A book featuring 21 of my own poems all about being outside in nature.


Each poem is handwritten and the book is bound together with coptic binding.
It measures 15 x 21cm with 24 pages.
The poems are all featured on my Mindful Living blog http://lauribower.blogspot.co.uk/

Contents:
Go outside
More purple than blue
Storytelling
Impermanence
The tree and I
The garden
The earth is breathing out
The rain-soaked garden
A banquet of peace
Let's run away
Barmoor Reflections I, II, III
A path through the woods
Evening sit
I walked in the garden
Unfolding
Leaf-crunching time
A trilogy of mornings (I, II, III)

No comments:

Post a Comment