50 books in a year of being 50

In this year of being 50 I have decided to follow one of my creative passions
and make 50 handmade books over the year.

Early next year I will find a way to exhibit the books and auction them.

The money raised will go to Plum Village in France,
a monastic retreat centre inaugurated by Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh.

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Book number 41, Green jewel coptic

Current bid for this book stands at £22
It's been a while since I posted any of the books so here are a few all coming together. I'm also aware it's getting close to the end of the year and the deadline I set for myself. At the moment I have 3 to finish and one of them will take a while! We'll see how it goes!
Green jewel coptic is the biggest book I have made, it measures 26x19.5cm and has 40 pages. It is a coptic bound, plain notebook with handmade thick cream paper and a green cover woven with jewelled papers.

This is the front cover, with the jewelled papers woven directly into the bookcloth covering.

This is the spine showing the coptic binding, my current favourite way of making books!

No comments:

Post a Comment