50 books in a year of being 50

In this year of being 50 I have decided to follow one of my creative passions
and make 50 handmade books over the year.

Early next year I will find a way to exhibit the books and auction them.

The money raised will go to Plum Village in France,
a monastic retreat centre inaugurated by Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh.

Thursday 18 June 2015

Book number 23, 10 Love poems

Current bid for this book stands at £23
This is in fact a folder of individual leaves with a poem on each one.
The folder measures 15.5 x 10.5 cm, made of simple gold card and fastened with a ribbon tie.
The love poems are -
The world needs more love letters
The heart has its own language
Listening to the heart
Love
The whisperings of the heart
I have looked
Can we love?
Tell me a story of falling in love
What is love?
How can I know?
and apparently because I can't count, there is an 11th poem, A thousand mile journey!
An unexpected extra!
All of the poems can be viewed on my blog, Mindful Living, http://lauribower.blogspot.co.uk/





No comments:

Post a Comment