50 books in a year of being 50

In this year of being 50 I have decided to follow one of my creative passions
and make 50 handmade books over the year.

Early next year I will find a way to exhibit the books and auction them.

The money raised will go to Plum Village in France,
a monastic retreat centre inaugurated by Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh.

Sunday 21 June 2015

Book number 24, Acorn

Current bid for this book stands at £25
This book is based on a quote from Kahlil Gibran -
"In a field I have watched an acorn, a thing so still and seemingly useless. And in the spring I have seen that acorn take roots and rise, the beginning of an oak tree, towards the sun. Surely you would deem that a miracle, yet that miracle is wrought a thousand, thousand times in the drowsiness of every autumn and the passion of every spring". It was also inspired by some felt acorns that I made and fitted into real acorn cups, one of which is on the front cover.
The book measures 9 x 10cm and is hexagon-shaped, opening out into a bigger hexagon.


No comments:

Post a Comment