50 books in a year of being 50

In this year of being 50 I have decided to follow one of my creative passions
and make 50 handmade books over the year.

Early next year I will find a way to exhibit the books and auction them.

The money raised will go to Plum Village in France,
a monastic retreat centre inaugurated by Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh.

Sunday 10 January 2016

50 books

I'm very happy to announce I have now finished the 50 books! Wow! 

And here is what 50 books look like on the shelf. 
My next task is to find somewhere to exhibit them and where to hold the auction, which will hopefully be later this year. It's been a great challenge and I never felt I wouldn't complete it, in fact at one point I thought there would be many more as I still have a list of ideas for books that I haven't made (yet!). But for now I'm happy to let them stand and wait for the next stage.
If you have any questions about the books you can contact me here lauribooks@gmail.com

And here below are some interesting photos of selections of the books in close up.


This photo shows the spines of all the books using coptic binding.


These books all feature one or more of my own poems.


These are some of the decorative spines.


And this is a photo of the inside of my personal favourite, Words of peace. Although the colour isn't right as the card is a gorgeous blue rather than the grey it appears to be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment