50 books in a year of being 50

In this year of being 50 I have decided to follow one of my creative passions
and make 50 handmade books over the year.

Early next year I will find a way to exhibit the books and auction them.

The money raised will go to Plum Village in France,
a monastic retreat centre inaugurated by Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh.

Sunday 10 January 2016

Book number 48, big book small book

Current bid for this book stands at £50
I made the small book several months ago with the idea of it being used as a closure for a bigger book, and have only just got round to making the bigger book (mainly because I wasn't sure how it would work as the closure!). It was the paper that caught my eye, not my 'usual' colours but very intriguing. The book is size 16 x 22cm and has 108 pages. It is a large sketch or note-book with two weights of cartridge paper and the small book  measures 3 x 3cm with 92 pages. This is also a fully functioning book with the pages from rice paper.
The cover is green and maroon bookcloth.


Here is the front cover.


Here is the book open.

No comments:

Post a Comment