50 books in a year of being 50

In this year of being 50 I have decided to follow one of my creative passions
and make 50 handmade books over the year.

Early next year I will find a way to exhibit the books and auction them.

The money raised will go to Plum Village in France,
a monastic retreat centre inaugurated by Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh.

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Book number 9, Family hands


 This is the most unusual book I've made so far and started with an idea of drawing round each family members' hands. For some months they sat on the table as I wasn't sure what would happen next. Then I had the idea of cutting the hands out from book pages relating to each person. Here's the inside of the book. It has a concertina spine, 16 pages and the cover is decorated with decoupage papers. The size is 25 x 20cm.



No comments:

Post a Comment